Pages

.

BTW - 18th April 2012

This Wednesday I have a bit of a bigger mess to show, lol. After I took the pics I actually decided to clean up the desk and now it looks a bit tidier, lol. I guess a "bead mess" is better then a garbage mess, heh :p well, in my opinion anyway ^^;

I've been starting on another bead embroidery project... Again, lol. I'm planning on making this piece my entry for this month's challenge at "Operation Tackle That Bead Stash!". Hopefully I can complete it before the 30th!
I also, finally found a use for those shiny 11/0 Czech bead mix that I bought a bit more then a year ago now. I've been working on a netted lariat necklace with them, and I think the beads are just perfect for it.

This week I've also been working on some polymer clay projects. I made a total of eight round beads with a pattern I carved by hand (one bead by one... phew... Precision work) and each bead is aprox. 10mm. After that I created a simple patina with black acrylic paint. To get the a nice turquoise color back on the beads (was all darker and messy after the acrylic was added) I decided to buff them with a very fine sandpaper, and it worked out great, just as I wanted 'em :) Then to buff them I rubbed them into some pair of old jeans I was wearing (I can't remember where I got this tip from, but it does the trick).

I also decided that I wanted to play a bit extra with different colors and different shapes.
I know that to achieve a  domed polymer clay bead you kinda need to press them onto a round glass surface. I found a last resolution after having a problem not finding any of those in my home, heh. I actually discovered that one of the milk jugs I have is very round in its center. It work out greatly, lol.
I created four round, domed beads with two hole on each side. I also created a square pendant with the same technique. I have no idea when or if I'll be doing something with them, but there is something in the back of my head that is whispering to me that I have to... Somehow. Just gotta figure out what, lol! Any ideas?

Of course I couldn't resist but to make those cute drop cabochons using the same palette :)


No comments:

Post a Comment